by Oakland Business Review
The following is a list of recent achievements by businesses in Oakland County:
• Orchard Hiltz & McCliment Inc., an engineering and architectural firm with headquarters in Livonia, was recently named one of the Top 50 Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For in the U.S.
• With offices in Novi, Sidock Group recently announced it has added Wilkie & Zanley Architects of Wyandotte to its group of companies.
• Kathy Mastantuono, chief executive officer for The KPM Group, a family-owned recruiting firm specializing in direct hire and temporary staffing, recently announced that her organization has been granted certification by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council. KPM Group has offices in Troy, Livonia and Chicago.
• Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, with Gift of Life Michigan, was recently recognized for outstanding organ donation rates by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This marks the third consecutive year Beaumont, Royal Oak, has received this award.
• For over 40 years, the Troy Chamber of Commerce has recognized the outstanding physical investments made by businesses in the city. The 2008 honorees were selected by the Best of Troy Committee of the Chamber and were announced at its annual holiday luncheon. This year's winners are: The Boston Consulting Group, Ciot Granite & Marble, Franco's, Ocean Prime, Seco Tools Inc. and Walsh College.
• The employees at Troy-based WorkLife Financial helped raise nearly $6,000 for their Holiday Families Fund. The money raised allowed them to purchase gifts for 38 children and adults.
Posted by Erin Rose at 11:04 AM