The Detroit chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW Detroit) announces a call for entries for its 8th annual IMPACT Awards, honoring commercial properties with a positive impact on Southeast Michigan.
The IMPACT Awards, considered to be among the most prominent honors in the Detroit area commercial real estate community, recognize three recently completed, multi-disciplinary projects in Southeast Michigan that demonstrate a significant, positive impact on the communities where they are built: a new development, a redevelopment and a special impact project.
2008 award winners were the Detroit East Riverfront (new development), Detroit Institute of Arts (redevelopment) and Whitdel Apartments (special impact). According to CREW Detroit member and IMPACT Awards Chair Susan Cook, a Senior Project Manager with ATC Associates Environmental Services in Novi, the 2009 awards program will have special meaning.
“The 2009 IMPACT Awards will not only recognize successful commercial real estate projects, they will reflect and honor companies who are committed to the future of Southeast Michigan,” explains Ms. Cook. “We look forward to showcasing significant examples of how the commercial real estate industry is partnering with vital organizations to invest in our local communities.”
Judges for the 2009 Impact Awards entries are: Lawrence Marantette, Taktix Solutions,
R.J. King, DBusiness, Helen Dennis, CBRE, Bob Washer, MICCO, Susan Harvey, Ashley Capital, Delia Rodi Barczys, Niagara Murano, and Katherine Banicki, Testing Engineers & Consultants.
IMPACT Awards Criteria and Details
· Projects entered for consideration must have involved at least one company with a CREW Detroit member (membership list available at www.crewdetroit.org/memlist.htm)
· Projects must have been completed between January 1, 2008 and June 29, 2009
· Project criteria is broad and may include innovative design and/or construction, environmental consciousness, creative use of existing materials, sensitive land use and social/economic significance
· A 2009 call for entries brochure is available at http://www.crewdetroit.org/
· The entry fee is $100 and the request for entry package and fee are due June 1, 2009
· Completed entry packages are due on June 29, 2009; winners will be announced on September 4, 2009
CREW Detroit Contacts for IMPACT Awards
· For entries: Lynn Trevor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 248.354.5100
· For sponsorship or general questions: Susan Cook, email@example.com, 248.358.7645; or Mary LeFevre, firstname.lastname@example.org, 313.596.0516
The IMPACT Awards will be presented on September 24, 2009 at Oakland Hills Country Club and awardees will receive additional publicity through CREW Detroit.