Buddy’s Pizza has good news for its patrons. Detroit-style pizza fans can still eat their favorite pie and keep their health and fitness goals in the new year. Whether you are watching your waistline or have a dietary restriction, Buddy’s has choices to suit your needs – and it’s not just whim.
The family-owned restaurant has consistently consulted with nutritionists to ensure menu items not only taste delicious to reflect the high standards of Buddy’s Pizza’s traditional menu items, but also offer high levels of nutritional value. The Buddy’s team has strived to reduce sodium levels throughout the years and prepares all dough daily without sugar or oil. Most recently, Buddy’s added four new Sicilian-style thin crust pizzas to the menu, giving guests another way to enjoy the traditional crust that has been served since 1946.
“In an increasingly health conscious world, people want to know what they’re eating – they value transparency with restaurant recipes and want to trust the claims made,” said Wesley Pikula, Buddy’s Pizza vice president of operations. “Nutritional facts about our menu items are listed on our website which makes it very easy for guests to see exactly what they are getting. We consistently maintain and update the website to keep our guests informed.”
Delicious and healthful options start right with Buddy’s famous pizzas! Gluten-free and vegan options offer diners with dietary restrictions a way to still enjoy their favorite square pie, while numerous topping options and multi-grain crust make building a nutritious Buddy’s Pizza very easy.
Patrons who want to create their own healthy square pizza are encouraged to try these options:
- Buddy’s multi-grain or gluten-free crust
- Buddy’s original tomato basil sauce
- Buddy’s lowfat mozzarella cheese or our new Daiya casein-free vegan cheese
- Buddy’s Pizzas can be made with light or no cheese upon request
- Healthier toppings include onions, green pepper, mushrooms, artichokes, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, olives, spinach, carrots, zucchini, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro or basil Buddy’s also offers a selection of specialty pizzas, including:
Tuscan Vegan – Daiya cheese, cannellini beans, diced red onion, roasted garlic, parsley, oregano, tomato basil sauce and extra virgin olive oil, served on Buddy’s multi-grain crust with a lemon wedge
Antioxidant - brick cheese, spinach, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic and tomato basil sauce, served on Buddy’s multi-grain crust with a lemon wedge
Along with build your own options, four gluten-free pizzas:
- 5 Cheese – Mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago, Feta and Provolone cheeses with tomato basil sauce, served on Buddy’s gluten-free crust
- Italian – Mozzarella-Parmesan blend and Asiago cheeses, pepperoni and tomato basil sauce, served on Buddy’s gluten-free crust
- Spinach Lovers – Mozzarella-Parmesan blend and Asiago cheeses, sautéed spinach, fresh garlic, tomato basil sauce and Buddy’s Spice, served on Buddy’s gluten-free crust
- Paesano – Mozzarella-Parmesan blend, Asiago and Provolone cheeses, fresh basil, tomato, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, served on Buddy’s gluten-free crust
Other nutritious menu items include specialty salads as well as Buddy’s homemade soups, made fresh daily with hand-cut vegetables and meats. Buddy’s offers an abundunce of choices that allow guests to build a meal that is best suited to their needs.