Detroit Harmonie's Top Chef Challenge Application
Online Application Deadline - February 8th, 2013 at 5:00PM EST.
The prize breakdown is as follows:
• $7,500 – Top Chef Award: determined by a panel of judges
• $2,500 – People’s Choice Award: determined by the event attendees
Step 1: Apply online with your own creative recipe and spin on the Coney Island dish by February 8th.
Step 2: Detroit Harmonie will select and notify 20 semifinalists on February 14th.
Step 3: 20 semifinalists will prepare their culinary masterpieces for a panel of judges on February 23rd and 24th.
Step 4: 5 finalists will be selected and notified on February 25th. Each finalist will be assigned a specific ethnic cuisine for the final event on March 23rd.
Step 5: Winner selected at the Detroit Harmonie International Experience on March 23rd. Chefs prepare tastes for 500+ person crowd.
For an entry to be eligible, it must:
1. Carry an ethnic theme – examples may include Japanese, Arabic, Mexican, or Indian. Chefs must incorporate flavors from a specific ethnic cuisine into their dish.
2. Contain each of following ingredients (or alternatives for the ingredients)
- Meat (or veggie substitute)
Initial submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
1. Originality of the idea/dish
2. How you will use the $10,000 to go toward furthering your culinary path and strengthening the Detroit food movement
3. Culinary background
Questions? Drop us a note at email@example.com